Inman Real Estate News for Realtors and Brokers
- What’s driving the real estate inventory crisis? These 5 trendsby Michael Simonsen on February 27, 2021 at 9:30 am
This situation isn't just pandemic-related — we started 2020 with record-low inventory, and it's only dropped from there. In fact, the inventory crisis has been a decade in the making, driven by five major trends that are unlikely to change anytime soon.
- Affordable housing crisis deepens for communities of color amid COVID-19by Christopher Cox on February 26, 2021 at 6:21 pm
On top of a slew of far-reaching problems, a widespread lack of affordable housing is exacerbated by the COVID-19 pandemic and the resulting layoffs and job losses — and it's devastating communities of color.
- Fees, acquisitions and Motto: 3 takeaways from RE/MAX’s earningsby Patrick Kearns on February 26, 2021 at 4:08 pm
During the company's Friday morning earnings call, the company revealed more granular detail on the company's strategies for 2021.
- Airbnb reports $4.6B loss in first earnings report since going publicby Lillian Dickerson on February 26, 2021 at 3:56 pm
Despite a stunning public debut in December that clocked the company's valuation at over $100 billion, the short-term rental company's total revenue was down 30 percent from the year previous.
- Global population of ultra-wealthy increased 2.4% in pandemic yearby Lillian Dickerson on February 26, 2021 at 1:05 pm
The annual Wealth Report, which will be jointly released by Douglas Elliman and Knight Frank in March, also projects prices could increase up to 7 percent in key luxury markets in 2021.
- 50% of agents will leave: One broker predicts real estate’s futureby Ryan Rodenbeck on February 26, 2021 at 10:00 am
As an industry, we should stop obsessing over things we can’t or won’t fix and take a look inward at the things that make us special as individual agents and organizations. Here's why.
- The Real Word: Can ShowingTime competitors step up?by Byron Lazine on February 26, 2021 at 10:00 am
Watch Byron Lazine and Nicole White give a real estate agent’s perspective on industry-related topics. In this edition of The Real Word, they'll discuss the new showing platform Instashowing, Redfin’s acquisition of RentPath, and Kim Kardashian's and Kayne West's divorce.
- From cold to close: How to ensure a seamless closing?by Marvin Stone on February 26, 2021 at 10:00 am
In this third and final part of the series on digital transactions, we will move past search and showings and onto the signing and closing process. Here are the main types of digital signings (and their perks) to know.
- Smart home tech: How to keep your home network safe with Firewallaby Brandon Doyle on February 26, 2021 at 10:00 am
For the past year or so that we've been working virtually, so much of our daily lives and work revolved around our home networks. That's why it's important to keep that beating heart alive and well. Here's how Firewalla can help keep it secure.
- Show potential buyers everything about a development with Imerzaby Craig C. Rowe on February 26, 2021 at 9:16 am
A powerful tool for developers and new construction sales teams, Imerza is taking property rendering and real estate data visualizations to the top floor.