Inman Real Estate News for Realtors and Brokers
- Court upholds $6.75M award for graffiti destroyed at 5Pointzby Lillian Dickerson on February 21, 2020 at 6:56 pm
Twenty-one artists will be awarded $6.75 million seven years after suing developer Gerald Wolkoff for whitewashing their work at graffiti art mecca 5Pointz.
- Zillow CEO Rich Barton joins billionaire club after stock surgeby Marian McPherson on February 21, 2020 at 5:32 pm
Rich Barton, who has the largest individual stake in Zillow with 15.8 million shares, is now a billionaire after Zillow Group stock value soars to $64 per share.
- The Domino’s pizza tracker of home search: Josh Team on KW’s new appby Jim Dalrymple II on February 21, 2020 at 4:00 pm
In the first day that Keller Williams' new consumer-facing app was live, it increased engagement in the company's tech ecosystem by 600 percent. Home searches were up 2,500 percent.
- Existing-home sales drop 1.3% in January: NARby Veronika Bondarenko on February 21, 2020 at 3:39 pm
Despite the drop, sales are up annually — 9.6 percent higher than in January 2019, according to the National Association of Realtors.
- ‘Beats a poke in the eye’: MLS pays brokers $300K for closed listingsby Andrea V. Brambila on February 21, 2020 at 1:44 pm
Keller Williams, Benchmark Realty, Parks Realty and Village Real Estate have earned the largest slice of Realtracs Rewards, which are designed to increase participation in the MLS.
- Show apartments, earn cash on the fly with Showdigs appby Craig C. Rowe on February 21, 2020 at 10:43 am
A proptech entrepreneur who sold his previous company to RealPage has launched an app that pays agents to show apartments on-demand on behalf of busy property managers.
- The Real Word: What’s the No. 1 mistake millennials are making? Rentingby Byron Lazine on February 21, 2020 at 10:27 am
Watch Byron Lazine and Nicole White give a real estate agent’s perspective on industry-related topics. This week, they'll cover renting versus buying for millennials, Keller Williams ending profit sharing for defectors and how The Broke Agent is using TikTok.
- 6 tips to help credit-challenged clients improve scoresby Steve Cook on February 21, 2020 at 9:58 am
If you have clients who are struggling to get their finances in line while preparing to buy a home, here is some advice you can give them to help get their credit scores in good shape and keep them healthy moving forward.
- End-to-end times: How the all-in-1 platform became the holy grailby Jim Dalrymple II on February 21, 2020 at 9:00 am
Companies both old and new are racing to build platforms that handle more of the real estate transaction. Agents will have to adapt to survive.
- Inman News quiz: Think you’re on top of the week’s biggest stories?by Inman on February 21, 2020 at 9:00 am
The real estate industry threw some curveballs. Take Inman's real estate news quiz to demonstrate how strong your talking points and cocktail banter are this week.