Inman Real Estate News for Realtors and Brokers
- Homeownership is the greatest kind of freedom — and it should be for allby Troy Palmquist on July 4, 2020 at 9:00 am
With the overwhelming effects of the pandemic and the racial injustices people are facing and fighting every single day, one common need is emphasized now more than ever: the American dream.
- How this essential industry will evolve post-COVID-19by Christopher Alexander on July 3, 2020 at 9:35 am
Real estate is an essential service, and there are a number of ways we as industry professionals can navigate the new realities of our practice. Here's how I see our industry changing in the near future.
- The Real Word: Should we end open houses?by Byron Lazine on July 3, 2020 at 9:00 am
Watch Byron Lazine and Nicole White give a real estate agent’s perspective on industry-related topics. This week, they'll discuss a few ways agents can practice safety at open houses and the Houston Association of Realtors' decision to change the term "master" bedroom.
- Smart home tech for agents: The niftiest smart kitchen devices todayby Brandon Doyle on July 3, 2020 at 9:00 am
The kitchen is one of the most frequently used (and loved) areas of a home, especially now. To make day-to-day life more convenient, here are the top smart gadgets and appliances for the kitchen.
- Stop the name-calling! Let’s fix the broken systemby Teresa Boardman on July 3, 2020 at 9:00 am
Agents need to find the discrimination and exclusive institutions in the industry and start dismantling them one at a time. It's time to rebuild them to be inclusive and anti-racist. If not now — when?
- Fast (and well-timed), video-tour app Replay Listings hits all the marksby Craig C. Rowe on July 3, 2020 at 8:15 am
Co-founded by a former agent and currently available to New York City agents, the web and mobile video listing portal has its sights set on major market expansion, and it might have the chops to pull it off.
- David Terbeek knows when to tell a client it’s not the right time to buyby Veronika Bondarenko on July 3, 2020 at 8:00 am
"The relationship and long-term benefit of working with the client is much more important than that one single sale," the RE/MAX Haven Realty founder said.
- Mortgage rates hit all-time low heading into July 4th weekendby Patrick Kearns on July 2, 2020 at 5:03 pm
The average 30-year mortgage hit a new all-time low of 3.07 percent this week, according to data from Freddie Mac released Thursday.
- Goodbye Bel Air, hello Raleigh: The ‘other’ luxury markets heating upby Lillian Dickerson on July 2, 2020 at 4:54 pm
Agents in secondary or up-and-coming luxury markets say business is booming as buyers and sellers find a new sense of normal amid the pandemic.
- Home prices begin to stallby Lillian Dickerson on July 2, 2020 at 2:57 pm
Median home prices stayed the same or decreased in 17 states and half of all metros from April to May, according to new figures from Attom Data Solutions.