Inman Real Estate News for Realtors and Brokers
- Move Inc. revenue slides due to ‘volatility in the housing markets’by Marian McPherson on August 6, 2020 at 10:41 pm
Move parent company News Corp said revenue declines were primarily due to customer billing relief measures and a weakened real estate market.
- Pre-pandemic inventory lifts Zillow’s iBuyer as company rides ‘tailwinds’by Jim Dalrymple II on August 6, 2020 at 9:00 pm
The online real estate giant brought in $768 million during the second quarter of 2020 while setting a new traffic record with 2.5 billion visits to its website.
- RE/MAX’s support for franchisees led to 25% revenue drop in Q2by Patrick Kearns on August 6, 2020 at 8:36 pm
Despite the nearly 25 percent decline in revenue, RE/MAX CEO Adam Contos said June was an "encouraging" month for the housing market.
- Coldwell Banker welcomes first 3 brokerages to diversity programby Marian McPherson on August 6, 2020 at 8:03 pm
Coldwell Banker has welcomed three women franchisees to its Inclusive Ownership Program, which aims at improving the diversity of real estate entrepreneurs.
- This home improvement trend is catnip to quarantining pet ownersby Lillian Dickerson on August 6, 2020 at 6:56 pm
The pandemic has led to both a surge in pet adoptions and home improvement projects. Will the two trends meet soon in a wave of 'catio' projects?
- EXp CEO envisions surpassing 100K agents in ‘next few years’by Patrick Kearns on August 6, 2020 at 3:59 pm
An agent count of 100,000 would make eXp Realty the biggest brokerage in the U.S., with twice the number as its leading competitor, Realogy Brokerage Group.
- StreetEasy to agents: Submit listings within 24 hours or lose accessby Andrea V. Brambila on August 6, 2020 at 3:15 pm
The updated listing quality policy is similar to a rule implemented by Realtor-affiliated multiple listing services in May designed to combat pocket listings.
- Compass launches AI-powered CMA tool for agentsby Patrick Kearns on August 6, 2020 at 2:00 pm
The new tool is the latest in a series of product rollouts for the New York City-founded brokerage.
- In downgrade, Rocket Companies prices stock at $18 per share for IPOby Patrick Kearns on August 6, 2020 at 1:50 pm
The number of shares and pricing is a downgrade from the company's initial announcement offering 150 million shares ranging between $20 and $22 per share.
- More than 1M Americans filed unemployment claims last weekby Patrick Kearns on August 6, 2020 at 1:07 pm
It's the lowest level of new jobless claims since the pandemic began spreading across the United States, but still far ahead of pre-COVID-19 norms.