Inman Real Estate News for Realtors and Brokers
- 62% of homeowners support low-income housing in their neighborhoodby Marian McPherson on October 22, 2020 at 5:34 pm
According to Redfin's latest survey, a majority of Americans embrace low-income developments in their neighborhood; however, concerns still abound.
- Sales of homes in the Hamptons priced above $5M skyrocket 291%by Lillian Dickerson on October 22, 2020 at 3:41 pm
The median sales price in the beachfront community surged 40 percent, to $1.2 million, compared to the same time last year, according to a new report from brokerage Douglas Elliman.
- Inventory hits record lowby Patrick Kearns on October 22, 2020 at 2:19 pm
As year-over-year, existing-home sales soared 21 percent in September, inventory dropped to a 2.7-month supply, according to data released Thursday by the National Association of Realtors.
- Matterport and former rival GeoCV settle 2-year patent disputeby Patrick Kearns on October 22, 2020 at 2:11 pm
GeoCV began winding down operations in October 2019, but the lawsuit between the former rivals continued on for another year.
- Appraiser groups team up to tackle unconscious bias in home valuationsby Andrea V. Brambila on October 22, 2020 at 1:16 pm
Four organizations have pledged to develop training programs for members to confront and combat unconscious bias as it pertains to performing appraisals.
- How to help your buyers win in a competitive marketby James Harris on October 22, 2020 at 11:45 am
Although receiving multiple offers can be a positive opportunity for sellers, it can be daunting for buyers, especially considering the best offer isn’t always the one with the highest price. Here are three tips to help clients compete in today's ultra-competitive market.
- Want more clients? Tap into marketing automationby Abhi Golhar on October 22, 2020 at 9:00 am
The automation of marketing allows agents to stop wasting time and effort on mundane tasks and focus their attention on the customer experience instead. Here's how to go about it.
- NAR’s proposed ethics changes miss the markby Teresa Boardman on October 22, 2020 at 9:00 am
If the intent of the Code of Ethics is to hold real estate professionals to a higher standard, the proposed addition fails to achieve that. Here's why — plus what could be done.
- 3 fundamental ways to support your team membersby Kathleen Black on October 22, 2020 at 9:00 am
In today's shifting landscape, a lot of agents are coming and going — joining and exiting teams. So, what can leaders do to create an atmosphere of support and growth?
- Real (Estate) Talk: What it’s like for me as a Black millennial female agentby Lee Davenport on October 22, 2020 at 9:00 am
For broker, coach and trainer Lee Davenport, experiencing microaggressions over years of working in real estate did more than just sting. Here, she shares her story — and what she hopes readers can learn from it.