Inman Real Estate News for Realtors and Brokers
- Bidding wars come to lower-priced homes as competition grows fierceby Ben Verde on August 16, 2022 at 3:23 pm
Demand for the lowest-priced homes on the market is now higher than for mid-priced and luxury homes, a reversal of the pandemic market, according to data released Tuesday from Zillow.
- Engel & Völkers Americas names new chief experience officerby Lillian Dickerson on August 16, 2022 at 2:51 pm
Peter Ianos will lead the luxury brokerage's recruiting and retention efforts, its performance programs and the company's professional development and education programs.
- Heat is on: Summer is latest entrant in crowded vacation home marketby Craig C. Rowe on August 16, 2022 at 2:22 pm
Underlying Summer's proprietary underwriting analysis is data from AirDNA, and it leverages VRBO, Airbnb and Booking.com to promote availability in its clients' homes
- WATCH: ICLV panelists dish on how to cash in on a housing market shiftby Lillian Dickerson on August 16, 2022 at 1:59 pm
Get efficient, remove distractions and innovate, @properties CEO Thad Wong, Fathom Holdings CEO Josh Harley and Sotheby's International Realty President Kamini Lane said at Connect.
- Compass ditches stock, financial incentives in recruitingby Jim Dalrymple II on August 15, 2022 at 10:06 pm
Compass has grown rapidly by offering agents shares in the company and in some cases cash. But the company has now cut those perks as the market slows.
- LoanDepot accelerating layoffs, exiting wholesale businessby Matt Carter on August 15, 2022 at 9:13 pm
The lender plans to boost revenue by growing purchase loan business and loan servicing portfolio, with digital HELOC also in the works, according to a second-quarter earnings call.
- Compass revenue ticks up slightly as losses mount in Q2by Jim Dalrymple II on August 15, 2022 at 8:36 pm
The fast-growing brokerage earned $2 billion in revenue during the second quarter of the year, but also saw losses rise to $101 million, according to an earnings report issued Monday.
- Wells Fargo reportedly eyeing ‘major retreat’ from mortgageby Matt Carter on August 15, 2022 at 8:13 pm
Executives said to be concerned about reputational risk of correspondent lending channel, which has historically accounted for as much as half of the bank's home loan business.
- LeadingRE names new president of global operationsby Lillian Dickerson on August 15, 2022 at 7:41 pm
Chris Dietz will spearhead LeadingRE's global business strategy across a number of its brands and will be responsible for all regions outside of the U.S., it was announced Monday.
- Adam Neumann’s post-WeWork residential venture raises $350Mby Ben Verde on August 15, 2022 at 7:29 pm
Flow, the WeWork founder's fledging startup, has received an investment of approximately $350 million from venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz and has already earned a $1 billion valuation.