Inman Real Estate News for Realtors and Brokers
- Bank turmoil could spark ‘modest’ recession in second half of yearby Matt Carter on March 24, 2023 at 9:38 pm
Fannie Mae economists say jumbo mortgages and construction loans could get more scarce if regional banks tighten lending standards.
- Single millennial women’s homeownership rate tanked in 2022by Marian McPherson on March 24, 2023 at 8:22 pm
Persistent wage disparities and pandemic-induced familial stressors pushed single millennial women out of homeownership with rates dropping near the all-time low of 19.4 percent, according to a new Zillow market analysis.
- Zillow now accounts for nearly half of all real estate web traffic: Analysisby Ben Verde on March 24, 2023 at 5:09 pm
The search behemoth far and away led market share for search portals, drawing 44 percent of all real estate web traffic, but CoStar's Homes.com leaped by bounds last month, according to an analysis.
- Mansion tax could be ‘hardest hit since 2007,’ Josh Altman warnsby Byron Lazine on March 24, 2023 at 4:37 pm
This week, Byron Lazine and Nicole White discuss Josh Altman's view of California's proposed mansion tax, the tug-of-war between millennials and boomers, and the pain Zillow's CEO sees on the horizon.
- Altman Brothers Team signs new contract with Douglas Ellimanby Lillian Dickerson on March 24, 2023 at 3:43 pm
The team closed the priciest sale in Orange County last year with a $55 million property in Crystal Cove and was named the No. 1 large team nationwide in the 2023 Ellie Awards. Terms of the contract were not disclosed.
- Catch up with Inman’s Top 5 stories of the week, March 17-23, 2023by Christy Murdock on March 24, 2023 at 3:32 pm
Wondering what you missed this week? Find out with Inman's Top 5 most-read stories of the week.
- Home365 has landlords covered 24/7: Tech Reviewby Craig C. Rowe on March 24, 2023 at 9:00 am
Home365 is a technology-supported full-service property management firm that covers all costs of owning and profiting from real estate.
- Alarm.com smart home tour shows what’s possibleby Brandon Doyle on March 24, 2023 at 9:00 am
Never worry or wonder if you remembered to shut the garage door or lock the front door. With a system like Alarm.com, you can check in on a property remotely from anywhere in the world with an internet connection.
- Is a book on your bucket list? Here’s how to write itby Christy Murdock on March 24, 2023 at 8:56 am
If writing a book seems like an impossible task, just know that it’s not. In the final part of this series, we look at how to write, what to write about, and who can help you make it more manageable.
- QUIZ: Determine which of these is your brand archetypeby Rachael Hite on March 24, 2023 at 8:55 am
There are 12 brand archetypes based on common themes, personality traits and marketing niches. Not sure what your “type” could be? Take our quiz to find out.